[G4] 2 macs sharing

Thomas DeBoni tomdeboni at mac.com
Sat Jan 14 21:40:15 PST 2012

I do this all the time. The key is the Sharing Tab in System Preferences on both machines. If you have the right items enabled on them, you should be able to connect to one from the other and move files and/or share screens. For best results with regard to privlileges, move files from the remote machine to the one you're sitting at. You should also be able to connect between the machines with FTP clients and with SSH (Secure Shell) in the Terminal.

You will need to know how to identify the machine you're connecting to - you can get its IP Address from the Network Sys Prefs Panel.

The question is whether the version of OS X you're using was evolved enough for this to work. I can't say what system versions I'm using, but I believe this will work on 10.4.x.

So, the first thing I'd do is check Sys Prefs, and then try again.

Good Luck!

Tom