[G4] Creating PDF in PageMaker

CDT cdt at globaldsl.net
Sun Jul 29 17:00:27 PDT 2012

The Open Firmware resets have solved a multitude of strange problems
for me over the years. They can be in addition to resetting the  PRAM.

On startup, just after the chime, press and hold the following four
(4) keys:

1.  the command key (the Apple  key)
2.  the option key
3.  the letter "o" key and
4.  the letter "f" key.

Hold them all down until a message appears saying something along the
lines of "release keys to continue".

One at a time, type the following three commands, including the dash,
but not the quotes, and press the return key

"reset-nvram"  return
"set-defaults"  return
"reset-all"	return

The machine will flash the rom (rewrite it to original specs) and
reboot.  Check to see if you are still having problems.  Let us know.

Dan T