[G4] G4 based audio studio in crisis in Rio de Janeiro

CDT cdt at globaldsl.net
Sun May 13 19:31:33 PDT 2012

When you get to the point where you hear the chime, you can use the
Open Firmware resets.  These have solved a multitude of miscellaneous
problems on multiple macs over the years.

Once the chime sounds, press and hold 4 keys:  The letter O, the
letter F, the Option  and the Command (apple) keys until a message
comes up saying "release keys to continue or something close.

Type the following commands exactly as written here one at a time and
hit the return key after each.

reset-nvram   (return)
set-defaults    (return)
reset-all          (return)

The machine will boot normally and will have any "glitches" cleared
out of the startup and other processes.

Good luck,

DanT