[G4] Analog music to digital format

Fabio Paciucci fabiopaciucci at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 20 02:41:09 PDT 2013

I have a G4 Quicksilver running Leopard, with an upgraded - 2GHz Maxpower dual G4-7448;
graphic card is a ATI Radeon 9800 Pro;
with added ATA drive 250 GB, that is  using a PCI card ACARD 628M;
SDRAM is 1500.

Here is my question:
I want to transfer a bunch of old cassettes tapes into digital format - in the past few years I used my G4 almost excusively as a music storage drive/music player with old Leopard version of iTunes -
I have a wide experience working with video, but not with audio... has anyone have experience with that?  Any suggestions?

I have a high quality Sony professional cassette player with XLR.

My main PC is a G5 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, that I could use for the transfer, while just keeping the old G4 music storage drive... (this might be a better option)
Thank you,
FMP

Windows Live™: Keep your life in sync.  Check it out.