[G5] Re: VPC 7.0

Joel Gerdeen njd at tcq.net
Wed Oct 6 20:09:35 PDT 2004

I recd my VPC 7 WinXP Pro  last night from Amazon through UPS.  Placed
the order on Sept 21 and shipped on Oct 1.  Have it installed and
experimenting with it  on my 1.8 G5 Single processor.  So far just
learning and using all defaults.  Installed Symantec Antivirus from a
CD and did LiveUpdate OK.  Ran IE ok.  Mounted a real USB floppy and
created a virtual floppy.

Upgraded to Media Player 10 through Windows Update.  Found out it would
not play if other Mac app (Video Viewer) was generating sound.  Gives
error message saying there is a problem with my sound device.  After
quitting Mac app, I had to restart WinXP to get sound to work.  Sound
was a little choppy for streaming through the internet and when any
other Mac app was active.  Definitely not suitable for an acceptable
multimedia experience.

Joel