[G5] Re: VPC 7.0

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Thu Oct 7 00:35:37 PDT 2004

At 21:20 -0400 6/10/04, Steven Wood wrote:
>Has anyone heard an authoritative estimate of
>when MS will release the upgrade version of
>VirtualPC 7? I preordered it from Buy.com (best
>price out there, I do believe) and just got an
>automated followup message "we're working hard
>to get it for you" but no clue as to when.
>
>Sadly, I have one mission-critical Windows-only
>app, and I am really curious as to how fast it
>will run on my new D2.0 G5.
>
>Steve in Raleigh

Steve,

The copy of VPC 7 that caused me all the angst
was part of a Office 2004 Professional upgrade
which is now shipping here in Aust.

This was used to upgrade a copy of office X
(without VPC) to Office 2004 with VPC 7.

As for upgrades for just VPC 7 (i.e VPC 6.x to
VPC 7.x) I've heard mutterings about the new
year, but nothing concrete.

Mind you this probably makes sense as they will
launch VPC 7.01 to fix the RAM issue, just to
find it needs another patch no doubt to run on
10.4!
Regards,

Mark (}-:

Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Only in a police state is the job of a policeman easy.
                                        --Orson Welles