[G5] VirtualPC users?

Steven Wood sdw7 at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 20 12:19:46 PDT 2004

If anyone needs VirtualPC for a Windows-only app, as I do, MS will
release Version 7 any day now--and it WILL run on, and claims to be
built specially for, the G5 chip. Earlier versions would not run on the
G5.

Not cheap, of course. List $99 for an upgrade; I found the best deal at
Buy.com for $76.35 and preordered it. Full version with XP Pro or 2000
Pro lists at $249.

A great feature, with Panther, is no need to download Windows printer
drivers--they claim clicking Print will use the existing Mac printer
functionality.

Soon, I can move that one app off my wife's G4 iMac and onto my Dual 2
G5!

Steve in Raleigh