[G5] My New G-5

Will Thompson wtp at xmission.com
Mon Sep 20 13:14:02 PDT 2004

For T. L. Miller:
I didn't use the Mac supplied file transfer option since I already had
the Carbon Copy Cloner in place as my regular backup to an external
FireWire Drive. If I hadn't had that available, I certainly would have
use Apple's transfer system for getting data form the old computer to
the new. For the rest of the setup, I did use the Mac OS X Setup
Assistant.  I am running OSX 10.3.5.

For Sam:
    I ordered f0orm ClubMac on 7/23/04; the machine was shipped on
8/30/04, and, because of the Labor Day holiday, I received the machine
on (9/7/04).

Additional info:
I read on one of the posts that you should leave the Liquid cooled G-5
on at all times to assure that the liquid cooling system doesn't get
plugged somehow. Even though I use a Belkin power protection device, I
have been shutting down every night; so far, no problems! Anyone else
know more about this possibility for a system failure?

Will Thompson