[G5] Re: Problems with Mail

irene at trilliumwoods.com irene at trilliumwoods.com
Sun Apr 3 23:27:39 PDT 2005

I haven't had problems with my password ... yet. But recently my
incoming mail has dragging in like a thundering herd of snails. I have
a dialup connection, so it's never been speedy, but for the past few
days it's been excruciatingly slow.

I've been trying to find good housekeeping tips for keeping Mail in
good working order. Quoting from The Missing Manual:

"To rebuild an email database, highlight it in the mailboxes 'drawer'
in Mail. (Highlight several if you like.) Then choose
Mailbox–>Rebuild..."

If I highlight several folders (doesn't seem to work on the IN or other
boxes) the Rebuild option is now greyed out, so I've rebuilt all my
mail folders one by each. I've also run Disk Utility and Disk Warrior.
The incoming mail still crawls in.

Anybody got a suggestion for what else I might do?

Many thanks,

irene
irene at trilliumwoods.com