[G5] G5 Bluetooth and SonyEricsson P800 problem

Brian Durant globetrotterdk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 05:18:06 PDT 2005

I finally got my G5 1.8 Ghz.single up and running, but I am having a
problem with connecting my SonyEricsson P800 to the G5. My G5 has
built-in Bluetooth and both the G5 and my P800 are set to be
discoverable, but neither can find the other no matter which way I
fiddle. I borrowed a Bluetooth Apple mouse from my dealer and my G5
could find that, so the Bluetooth must be working. My dealer claims
that the Bluetooth in the G5 is incompatible with the P800, but
http://www.apple.com/isync/devices.html states that iSync needs to be
used with Bluetooth for the P800 and how can you use Bluetooth in
iSync if you can't discover the device? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Brian