[G5] newbie question

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Wed Apr 13 20:05:47 PDT 2005

On Apr 13, 2005, at 11:03 AM, maf291 at nyu.edu wrote:

> I was wondering if anybody could point me to a good discussion of the
> pros and cons of dual processors: i.e. a list of applications that take
> advantage of mutliprocessing, how the OS itself might do so, and
> general
> pros/cons of dual processors.

Other than the additional cost, I can't imagine there's a downside to
dual processors. And, the G5s are supposed to be especially adapt at
making us of them. On top of that, OS X is supposed to be dual
processor savvy. Other apps would especially include all the major
creative type apps (video, image, music, etc…).

Daniel