[G5] Adding Disk Drives

Tim Collier collierof1957 at mac.com
Mon Apr 18 19:20:45 PDT 2005

As a matter of fact, I just I just changed out the stock Serial ATA
drive on my iMac G5.  I bought a 250 gig Maxtor.  Installation was
pretty simple.  I got the instructions off of Apple's web site....of
course they forgot to mention that you need a torx screwdriver to
remove the thingy that holds the drive in place but a quick trip to Ace
Hardware took care of that.  I'm putting the 160 gig drive into an old
Quicksilver dual 1 gig G4.  I ordered a Serial ATA drive controller
from Sonnet and it'll be here on Wednesday.  There's a video on Apple's
website on how to do that too.
Do you have any specific questions?

Tim