[G5] Does yr G5 have any viruses?

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Sep 10 11:29:08 PDT 2005

>Hi,
>
>Is it really true that there are no viruses on the Apples?  Sorry, I
>crossed to the darkside and bought a Sony -- and the viruses and
>other stuff is overwhelming.

This actually came up in the Mac OS X for Users mailing list the last
couple days.  The following link was posted that I found rather
interesting.

http://dealmac.com/forums/read.html?f=1&i=952391&t=952391

Also, the recommendation, should you choose to run Anti-Virus
software (I never have on my Mac's the last 10+ years, but have for
the last 15 years on my PC's) seems to be Intego's Virus Barrier.

>Also, several yrs ago, I used Mac/PCWarehouse -- but they're gone.
>Any recs outside of MacMall?  My Dad is located in CA.

I either buy from MacMall (I've always been very happy with them), a
couple of local shops (the one I got ripped off at went out of
business a short time later), and the Apple Store.  I also tend to
buy stuff like Hard Drives from the local PC "Chop Shops".  I've
bought a *LOT* of software over the years, as a result MacMall has
gotten a lot of my business.

I've also been known to buy stuff from CompUSA, such as my first Mac
(PowerBook 520c), and most of my original software.  However, a few
years back they ticked me off so badly that I try to avoid spending
any money there.

		Zane