[G5] My problems!

bet100 at bigpond.com bet100 at bigpond.com
Fri Apr 20 18:29:05 PDT 2007

I have an Apple Imac G5, not the apple of my eye but a "lemon".

It was purchased 18 months ago and we took out a warranty of 2 more years.
In that time, within 18 days of owning it the machine was returned to Apple
Care for a new logic board.  Yes 18 days of purchase,  they tried 3 new
Logic boards and they were all duff ones, we got it back 2 weeks later,
working okay then.

Until a month ago when all locked up, returned once more for a new hard
drive, none in Australia or Singapore 10 day wait, ugh!

After receiving it back one evening it lasted 20 minutes, did a complete
uninstall following Apple's directions and still no good.  Collected again
this last Monday and  yesterday [Friday] we were informed another new hard
drive was ordered and arrived yesterday to be installed on Monday.

Wish that I had never seen the thing, be very careful what you wish for.

So counting the original set up - that's, 4 logic boards and 3 hard drives
in 18 months and all I do is  research genealogy and surf a small amount of
the web.

Disappointed and getting angry although Apple have said that if it isn't
fixed within 30 days they will replace the machine.

Fed up in Adelaide!