[G5] G5 June 2004 dual 2.0 Processor problem

Eric Volker ebv1 at charter.net
Mon Sep 22 17:01:28 PDT 2008

One possible problem may be the temperature sensors and/or
overheating. When you lock up, are you running intensive tasks, or
does it just happen at random? You've obviously opened it up; is there
a lot of dust on the inside of the G5 or in the power supply? Have you
looked at your system logs to see if there might be a clue in there?
I'd also try running a temperature monitoring program and see if
temperatures are getting unusually high in the processors. Just a few
suggestions...

Eric