[G5] G5 replacement CPU's

Tony Sheeley t_sheeley at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 6 06:15:15 PDT 2009

Hi,

My watercooled Dual G5 2.5 still won't work reliably.  Took it to the apple store and the genius at the genius bar was able to help.  He said it was most likely a logic board fault, but as the machine has a popped rivet on one of the feet, apple won't look at it as their policy is to return a 'fixed' machine in 'like new' condition.

Anyway, can someone tell me if Dual 1.8 or 2.5 cpu's will work on a logic board for dual 2.0 cpu's?

Thanks again,