[G5] G5 replacement CPU's

Tony Sheeley t_sheeley at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 12 07:58:47 PDT 2009

Guess not......

From: t_sheeley at hotmail.com
To: g5 at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 14:15:15 +0100
Subject: [G5] G5 replacement CPU's

Hi,

My watercooled Dual G5 2.5 still won't work reliably.  Took it to the apple store and the genius at the genius bar was able to help.  He said it was most likely a logic board fault, but as the machine has a popped rivet on one of the feet, apple won't look at it as their policy is to return a 'fixed' machine in 'like new' condition.

Anyway, can someone tell me if Dual 1.8 or 2.5 cpu's will work on a logic board for dual 2.0 cpu's?

Thanks again,

Have more than one Hotmail account? Link them together to easily access both.