[HM] Re: screen goes dark and never comes back

Chris Beamis beamis at drizzle.com
Wed Dec 31 16:28:56 PST 1969

Thanks, but I think I've tried all the keys.  I'll be sure to focus on
the space
key next time, however.  I don't think the problem is that I've been
impatient,
either; when it wakes up from sleep it is almost instantaneous.  The
last
time this happened, when I was waiting on a compile, I left the machine
alone for several hours, it was running the whole time, and the screen
never came back.

Chris

On Monday, March 31, 2003, at 02:05 AM, Ruby Appling wrote:

>> RE; first try the space key, but also check energy saver, if hardrive
>> is allowed to sleep, it takes longer to wake-up
>

>> I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.  I've got a dual
>> 866MHz G4
>> purchased in early Noremember 2002, running OS X 10.2.4.  For quite a
>> while
>> now, maybe even since I purchased it, about every 3rd or 4th time the
>> screensaver
>> software kicks in I can't get the monitor to display afterwords.
>> This happens
>> both when only the screen saver only is activated, and when the whole
>> machine
>> goes to sleep.  I come back to the machine, and touch some keyboard
>> keys and
>> wiggle the mouse but the monitor remains dark.  Pressing and holding
>> the
>> power button is the only cure.

> <HomeMac-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <HomeMac-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> Now shipping! Farallon Wireless SkyLINE PCI Card for Mac Desktops!
> http://www.farallon.com/le/skyline/pci/index.html

> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> Monsoon  | Flat panel speakers that deliver crisp, accurate sound!
> Dr. Bott |   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/speakers.html>

     --- Top 25 reasons why Kirk is a better captain than Picard ---
3. How they would react to Wesley.
   - Picard: Encourage development of mental and leadership skills.
   - Kirk: Use kid to get to mom.