[HM] Re: screen goes dark and never comes back

Chris Beamis beamis at drizzle.com
Wed Dec 31 16:17:49 PST 1969

I got as close to that as I could in 10.2.4, but the best I could do
was to
get the screen to go to sleep, but the machine kept running.
Someone on another list noticed that the times associated with my posts
were showing as Wed, 31 Dec 1969 which you can see below, and
suggested that I may have a PRAM battery problem.  So I'm going to
call the shop tomorrow and see if they can help.  We'll see if it is
related to the sleep problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Chris

On Wednesday, April 2, 2003, at 12:45 PM, Robert J Roberts wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Here's what cured the problem for me in system 9.x:
>
> Control Panels>Energy Saver
>
> Choose Sleep Setup Tab
>
> Click on Show Details in lower right corner
>
> Put system to sleep when it's inactive--move slider to Never
>
> Check box for Separate timing for display sleep--move slider to 30
> min. (or
> whatever you prefer)
>
> Check box for Separate timing for hard disk sleep--move slider to 35
> min.
> (or whatever you prefer)
>
> The computer still goes to sleep, as you have told it, but I NEVER
> have a
> problem waking it.
>
> Bob
>

>>> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1969 16:37:28 -0800
>>> Subject: [HM] Re: screen goes dark and never comes back
>>> From: Chris Beamis <beamis at drizzle.com>
>>>
>>> p.s. I misspoke before.  The screen saver software which I access
>>> from the screen effects item on the System Preferences panel does
>>> _not_ cause any problems.  It is the energy saver which blanks the
>>> screen and puts the machine to sleep which causes grief.
>>> Chris

> <HomeMac-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <HomeMac-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> ----------
> Now shipping! Farallon Wireless SkyLINE PCI Card for Mac Desktops!
> http://www.farallon.com/le/skyline/pci/index.html

> Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> Monsoon  | Flat panel speakers that deliver crisp, accurate sound!
> Dr. Bott |   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/speakers.html>

     --- Top 25 reasons why Kirk is a better captain than Picard ---
3. How they would react to Wesley.
   - Picard: Encourage development of mental and leadership skills.
   - Kirk: Use kid to get to mom.