Slow Western Digital disk drive

nyip12 at netscape.net nyip12 at netscape.net
Tue Dec 17 13:56:12 PST 2002

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the manual doesn't say anything about the drive being slow at first and then speeding up. I've been using the drive now for over a week and it's just as slow.

The emails from Western Digital Tech. Support doesn't say anything about changes in access speed as you use your drive.

I'm beginning to think it's the drive cable, but I can't replace the cable unless I can find an 80 pin cable of the same configuration as what's in the iMac now (see below). The other option would be to buy a firewire case for the drive.