[HM] Re: 3D Hardware acceleration - ATI Rage Pro

David Crandon tdc at attbi.com
Fri Dec 27 08:25:01 PST 2002

Well, although you have those ext., the box is talking about actually
having the ATI RagePro video card itself.

In the past, Macs didn't come with a specific aftermarket/OEM video
card. Sometime around the introduction of the G3, they started to come
with video cards from other manufactures such as ATI or nVidia. One of
the first was the ATI Rage. To see if you actually have the card itself,
run Apple System Profiler and it should tell you in there.

Even if you do have the card, the speed you are getting sounds about
right for how old and slow your Mac is (no offence intended). I'd say to
get the game running faster, you need a faster card and/or computer.

You can get much faster cards on ebay for less than $100.

David