[HM] PowerMail

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Tue Dec 31 11:35:29 PST 2002

--- At Tue, 31 Dec 2002 13:24:09 -0600, Francine Mack wrote:

>I am now trying  PowerMail 4.1 instead of Entourage 2001. I haven't paid
>for it yet. I have had one unexpected quit. I'm not sure why. I can't
>remember exactly what I was doing.

You might not have been doing anything. You might need to turn off the
index in the background preference (Preferences, Indexing & Spelling,
Automatically index messages in the background; turn this off). There is
a bug in the v-twin engine on OS-X that causes it to crash if it is run
in the background. This forces you to index when you want to search
(which I have had crash on rare occasions) or to manually index.

This is the only major problem that I can remember right off-hand.

>Entourage was causing problems in the
>classic mode and I didn't want to spend several hundred dollars for the X
>version.
>I have a cube-- OS 10.2.3 with 512 megs of memory. I have SBC  dsl.
>I'm looking for pros and cons of continuing with PowerMail.
>I would rather not pay for anymore software that I can't use.

I have been using PowerMail regularly for over a year. It very much like
it. If you choose to purchase PowerMail, let me know before you register.
There are incentives that I can pass on to you as a I am a registered user.

 ...Duane