[HM] Re: digital camera

wappling wappling at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Nov 29 23:07:05 PST 2002

RE;polaroid is also PC only,unless you pay for a separate card reader, or a
printer thats reads them,but they are still POS.I went with the 775 nikon
because it came ready to use with battery and charger a small memory card
and extended warranty so even at 299. it still cost me less than many other
brands at the time and is made to work with a mac,Ive since purchased a
larger memory a second battery and Ive been fortunate that even with a lot
of use no problems yet,though I should mention murphys law, prior to buying
a nikon I had not seen any postings of trouble with them,the week after I
bought mine then several owners reported various troubles,but unusualy I
have been lucky so far.I think 885 takes the place of the 775,but I dont
know the price or zoom,as a tool the closeups are most important to me, as a
camera for outdoors more zoom would be much better than 3X. and of course
dont forget NOT to leave the battery in the camera,Ive only had it a year.
hope this helps someone.  best wishes