[HM] PC/MAC "networking"

Tom Burton tomb at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 9 21:04:40 PDT 2003

Several years ago I was (as usual!) the only Mac user in a whole
building of PC users. Used Dave to tie into the network. Worked
great. The IT people were amazed how little problems they had with
me, since there were constant problems with the PC people on the
network (yes - they were having problems before I came online, and
continued to have them!).

Tom Burton

>Re: MAC & PC networking:
>I can't exactly answer your question about 'networking' but I can tell you
>that there is a program called "Conversions Plus" put out by Dataviz which
>would enable you to read most of your MAC files on your PC.
>It works quite well; I have been using it  for several months.  Costs around
>$70 retail but you can usually pick up a copy on Ebay for around $25 or so.
>Make sure to get the latest version if you have Windows XP.
>In terms of 'networking' I had been told that PC MACLAN is a better program
>than "Dave" - but I will defer to others who are better informed.
>Val

>Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2003 12:03:03 -0800
>From: Spidra Webster <spidra at speakeasy.net>
>Subject: [HM] Windows Machine on a Mac Network?
>
>It's finally happened.  My RSI and the sad state of speech
>recognition on the Mac has forced me to buy a PC.  It'll probably be
>here by next week. What I'd like to know is:
>
>How do I network the PC with my Macs?  I don't have OSX and can't
>upgrade to it at this time.  I assume I need to buy Thursby's Dave?>>

>To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to
><HomeMac-digest at lists.themacintoshguy.com>
>Need help from a real person? Try.
><HomeMac-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

>Now shipping! Farallon Wireless SkyLINE PCI Card for Mac Desktops!
>http://www.farallon.com/le/skyline/pci/index.html
>
>$14.99 Unlimited Nationwide Mac Dialup and Mac Web Hosting from your Mac ISP
>Serious Mac Internet Solutions From NineWire!   http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>Monsoon  | Flat panel speakers that deliver crisp, accurate sound!
>Dr. Bott |   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/speakers.html>

For Technical Writing, Marketing Writing, and FileMaker Pro database
development, call Tom Burton at 818-785-3044   or visit
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomb