big HD's and 9.1; look out Jaguar

Jack Honeycutt jhoneycutt at qwest.net
Sun Aug 31 08:51:38 PDT 2003

At 10:56 AM 8/31/2003 -0400, you wrote:

> >Do you think that the disk init utility in 9.1 will see the 166GB drive,
> >but allow me to break it into useable partitions?  That solution would cost
> >me less money.
>
>I don't know if this will work or not, but it might be worth trying:  If
>you have a friend with Jaguar, they should be able to partition the disk
>for you.  Then I'd guess that you could see at least the first partition,
>and maybe both, with your system.
>
>Let me know if it works.

Great idea.  I have a neighbor kid with a G4 modern Mac.  I'll give it a
try when he returns home, but it won't be for a couple of weeks.

Anyone in the Portland Oregon area with a G4 that would let me partition my
EIDE 160 GB HD?
I am in N. Portland and could drive out to your house with my drive.

jack