[HM] more speed

TeeGate TeeGate at comcast.net
Sat Dec 20 04:58:32 PST 2003

George,

If am reading this correctly, you want to purchase a processor upgrade
card for 10.3. If this is correct don't do it. The reason is that
according to Apple's website, OSX does not support them. Here is the
text and the link.

System Requirements for Panther

1.

Confirm that your hardware can run Mac OS X Version 10.3 Panther
Mac OS X Version 10.3 requires a Macintosh with a PowerPC G3, G4, or G5
processor, built-in USB; at least 128MB of physical RAM and a built-in
display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card
supported by your computer. Mac OS X does not support processor upgrade
cards.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/requirements.html

Guy