Networking PC to Mac?

John Davis jdavis at melbpc.org.au
Fri Feb 7 19:46:01 PST 2003

Hi everyone,
                  I am interested in networking my i/book with my
friends PC running 2000, via the internet. I know there are two ways to
do this through the finder //smb?? and VPN. I have been trying to read
some info about this subject but everything is so general, nothing is
specific. My friend has a LAN set up using VPN but when I enter his IP
address nothing happens. Apple says it is so easy now to connect to a
windows machine.
                Maybe the precise address I have to enter is eluding us
both. Can anyone shed any light on the subject or direct me to a site
which will inform me a bit more? Yes, I have enabled Windows file
sharing and added him as a user.

              Cheers, John.