[HM] Re: Sending jpegs

T. Brown / groucho btgroucho at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 26 21:48:39 PST 2003

On Wednesday, February 26, 2003, at 07:03  PM, Jane Sprando wrote:

> I sent a picture to myself, dragged it to my desktop and did a get
> Info. It
> says it is a Picture Viewer document (QuickTime) just like the one
> that I
> sent. So it doesn't seem that anything is changed.

I didn't think it changed anything but it was possible. So is it only
your AOL friends with problems or are they Windows users as well ?

AOL and Hotmail both play games with attachments. Have them do a Get
Properties on the attachments. This might help to track down the
problem. I think that AOL is changing the format of the attachments.

Okay here's what I dug up. AOL users need to use Aladdin Expander for
Windows, I'm guessing that's who you are sending to. AOL won't
automatically open attachments. So have them save them to a folder then
use the program to unstuff them. Here is the link.

http://www.stuffit.com/expander/winindex.html

groucho