[HM] Extra files & docs

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Fri Feb 28 18:27:34 PST 2003

--- At Mon, 24 Feb 2003 09:13:46 -0500, Nancy J. Ayers wrote:

>Having just upgraded my Wallstreet to OS X, I'm puzzled by all the
>occurrences of docs, in and out of folders, called "FINDER.DAT,"
>"Icon," and "RESOURCE.FRK."  What are these? Can I delete them (some
>I already have with seemingly no ill effects)?  Or is there a way to
>hide them?

Can you expand on this information? Where are you seeing these files
Everywhere is not a good answer. I would like some more specifics. Are
they spelled as you have indicated?

Deleting the resource.frk file will almost certainly be a problem. Icon
files are usually custom icons for files or folders.

Quite honestly, you _should_not_ be seeing any of these files.

 ...Duane