[HM] Re: Microsoft IE Question

Nevin Steindam thenevin at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 15 15:18:08 PST 2003

>You might experiment with each setting and see how they work.
>I guess enough dynamic web sites complained about users complaining that
>they changed the settings.

Another alternative is just to open links in a new window, so that the old
page stays there without reloading.  If I plan on opening multiple links
from a single page, I usually do that.

Explorer makes this easy, since command-clicking a link automatically opens
it in a new window.  (OmniWeb is even better, since you can open the new
window behind the current one.  I like that, since usually when I open in a
new window, I'm saving the link for later.  OmniWeb is too unstable to be
worth that feature, though.)  You could also use the Page Holder feature of
Explorer to save the list of links, though I've always found multiple
windows easier to manage than the Page Holder.

HTH,
Nevin