[HM] Re: changing iMac hard drive

b1ywov85 mouse1701 at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed Jan 15 09:27:35 PST 2003

> It's hard to imagine Apple recommending any sort of tampering,
> including the 5400. Do they actually support the concept of upgrading
> HDs?

the tech with whom i checked my facts was not the typical ANAL RETENTIVE MAC
GUY..he realized people need more HD space..he told me to stick with
5400..people have been successfully putting in 7200..but they do run a high
risk of overheating..the pc was simply not designed for that speed of HD..or
better put..the extra heat generated by it..he said it may work now..but it
will overheat...sooner or later.