[HM] Re: Printer advice

mvance mvance at mjvance.com
Sat Jan 25 08:18:48 PST 2003

IMHO, what really matters is what you want the printer to do.

I print a lot of photos and would not consider using anything but my
Epson printers for that.  I also have two HP Printers.  The
Photosmart does a beautiful job on photos too but if I want to print
text, it soaks the paper.  My Epson 1520 does both text and photos
well.  My other HP is not even connected anymore.  The color, text or
photo, was not the results I wanted.  I also have an Epson 2500 that
I bought for my computers that use usb ports.  Mostly my HPs gather
dust.  I have had my Epson 1520 for more than 5 years and not a
problem.  I leave it on and it does it's cleaning routine at it's own
will so it is ready to go when I want it. The Epson 2500 is a little
more than 3 years old and it's cleaning process is much faster than
the old 1520 so I do not leave that one on.

Just my experience with HPs and Epsons.

mj