[HM] Re: Apple CD Audio Player

Debbi Young djy at citynet.net
Wed Jan 29 10:05:32 PST 2003

on 1/29/03 12:42 PM, Nevin Steindam at thenevin at ameritech.net wrote:

> Weird.  The CD did not appear on the desktop?  That's a more fundamental
> part of the process than the recognization (is that a word?) by the CD
> Player program.  If you insert a CD and wait for a while without that
> program running, does anything happen?  I'd expect that the computer would
> eventually either mount the disc on the desktop or give you an error about
> it.  If neither happens, there's probably something messed up in the System.

The way Apple CD Audio Player *used* to work (before 9.2.2), it was an
automatic thing. If you inserted an audio CD, the program would launch.
Inserting the CD now gives me an error message, just as it did when I first
tried a couple days ago.

I agree it's probably a system problem now, but I don't know where to go for
help. The Apple website is a wealth of information -- if only I knew where
to look!

Thanks for all your input.

Debbi