OS X questions - fonts and Outlook Express

James Baumann james_a_baumann at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 8 06:23:23 PDT 2003

Well, I finally got the G4 tower and OS X so I'll probably have a lot of
questions in coming weeks.  But first off....

1.  Where should I put all my fonts?  When I store them in either the main
"Libarary - Fonts" folder they don't show up in the applications.  And it
isn't any better when I put them in the Fonts folder in my "Home" library.
And why would I want to store fonts in two different places?

Bigger question - why did Adobe give up on OS X?  Are most people buying
Suitcase now?  The one time I looked at that many years ago I wasn't
impressed.

2.  I was hoping to continue using Outlook Express for my mail (Apple Mail
doesn't seem all that powerful) but when I copied Outlook Express over to my
new computer from the old one (network) it didn't bring over the address
book, archived messages, or nothing.  How can I resolve this problem and not
loose all that info.

Why did Microsoft give up on OS X with Outlook Express?

Thanks everyone.

james