[HM] CarbonLib error message

Duane Murphy duanemurphy at mac.com
Wed Mar 5 14:33:23 PST 2003

--- At Wed, 5 Mar 2003 14:03:00 -0800, Jack Honeycutt wrote:

>At 01:28 PM 3/5/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>
>>You do not need to reinstall Eudora. CarbonLib is a library file in the
>>system folder that is needed by newer versions of software. Simply search
>>your drive for Carbonlib and see if it has been inadvertantly moved to a
>>different folder. If you find it, drop it on the System folder and it
>>will ask you if you want it put into the correct folder.
>
>Searched, and it is missing.  I am running 8.1.  I have a 8.0 CD. Will this
>8.0 version (if I can find the file) fix it for me?

Nope.

>I went to Apple's site and found about 10 down loads for 8.1 and I hate to
>do them all.  I down loaded the "8.1 tools" disk and booted to it,  and had
>it check my HD.  It said everything was fine.

CarbonLib wont be with anything for 8.1; it was created later. You should
just be able to find CarbonLib by itself.

>Any other options than just start down loading all the 8.1 files from Apple?
>
>I found a new version for something like 9.1, but that would probably break
>my machine?
>
>Thanks for the tips.  I am getting a better idea of what to do know and
>what is wrong.

So it sounds like Eudora has been working for you, but on another machine
running a different version of the OS. A Performa 575 is a, shall we say,
rather old machine (is it even PPC?)

Running Eudora and CarbonLib on this old of a machine is risky at best.
Using a newer machine or a newer OS would be highly recommended. If the
OS for the 575 upgradeable?

Good luck,
 ...Duane