[HM] Re: need imac advice ASAP!

J. Dobson jdobson at gis.net
Fri May 2 11:13:08 PDT 2003

Jane,
I appreciate where you're coming from. I need to buy something new soon too.
My dilemma is that of a limited budget, I can barely afford right now to buy
a new computer (I need a notebook), but I can't afford to ALSO upgrade all
my software, at the cost of what, an additional $500 - 1000(?)  if I go to
OSX.

Maybe I'm missing something in this technology upgrade or else lots of
people have a lot of expendable income.

(I have a beige G3 desktop, but no CDRW  - thus would like to upgrade both
the speed and the ability to write CD's.)

Jackie