[HM] printers: photo or resolution?

Richard Clark mawgadog at tin.it
Sun May 4 11:41:52 PDT 2003

On Sunday, May 4, 2003, at 08:15 PM, Jane Sprando wrote:

> Now that the iMac dilemma has been solved, the search is on for a
> printer. I
> have been looking at the Epsons. The price isn't really a factor, I
> just
> included it for reference.  I am torn between buying a printer with
> the best
> resolution or going for all the photo bells and whistles. (And I know
> Duane
> is going to ask me what I want to do with the printer! LOL) I probably
> will
> print some photos, but basically print what just a normal home user
> would.
>
> The C82 has a resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi, prints borderless photos
> on 4x6
> glossy photo paper; black ink is water resistant; about $130-140.
>
> The 825 has a resolution of 5760 x 720 dpi, 6 color photo inks, roll
> paper
> support for 4x6 photos, has built in card reader adaptor; prints with
> or
> without a computer; BorderFree printing up to 8 x 10 photo lab quality
> photos; about $180.
>
> The 925 has all that the 825 has, but also includes the ability to
> crop,
> resize, store; includes the 4 x 6 roll paper and cuts automatically;
> about
> $250.
>
> I have not researched any of the HPs or Canon printers. But I am open
> them. If any of you have comments or suggestions about these, please
> bring
> them on.
>
> Jane

I have always used epson printers and think they print great BUT i have
now bought a hp 920c which i find better than the epson it prints great
is silent compared to the epsons and also it is more protected from
dust because it pulls the paper from underneath instead of the top.
That said now i'll tell you why i went from Epson to HP
with epson i would need to buy a new printer every year because of
problems with the printer head nozzle thing it would get clogged up
every year and would print worse than i can write, also with the paper
feed being on top lots of dust would go inside. The Hp on the other
hand has the paper feed in the front and even if dust did go on the
paper it leaves it in the tray and doesn't bring it to the head because
the top of the paper you see is the other side not the printed side,
and about the inkjet head clogging up it's not in the printer it is in
the ink refill so every time you change the cartridge you have new
print head too. Did i mention it makes half the noise of the Epsons?

anyway thats my 2 cents

Richard