printers: photo or resolution?

Jane Sprando janesprando at msn.com
Sun May 4 11:15:29 PDT 2003

Now that the iMac dilemma has been solved, the search is on for a printer. I
have been looking at the Epsons. The price isn't really a factor, I just
included it for reference.  I am torn between buying a printer with the best
resolution or going for all the photo bells and whistles. (And I know Duane
is going to ask me what I want to do with the printer! LOL) I probably will
print some photos, but basically print what just a normal home user would.

The C82 has a resolution of 5760 x 1440 dpi, prints borderless photos on 4x6
glossy photo paper; black ink is water resistant; about $130-140.

The 825 has a resolution of 5760 x 720 dpi, 6 color photo inks, roll paper
support for 4x6 photos, has built in card reader adaptor; prints with or
without a computer; BorderFree printing up to 8 x 10 photo lab quality
photos; about $180.

The 925 has all that the 825 has, but also includes the ability to crop,
resize, store; includes the 4 x 6 roll paper and cuts automatically; about
$250.

I have not researched any of the HPs or Canon printers. But I am open to
them. If any of you have comments or suggestions about these, please bring
them on.

Jane