[HM] Re: need imac advice ASAP!

Jane Sprando janesprando at msn.com
Sun May 4 11:15:14 PDT 2003

I am sitting here proudly beaming at my new iMac! Love that 17" flat panel
screen!!!! I did buy the one that boots into 0s 9 and Os 10. Thank you one
and all for your helpful comments, suggestions and opinions. This has been a
wonderful and enlightening discussion from people that I trust.

I wish the hard drive had been partitioned for each OS, but I am reluctant
to go through all the hassle of reformatting and reinstalling, especially
the reinstalling!

A few questions:

1. Should I partition the hard drive into separate for 9 and 10? If I do,
should they be equal in size?

2. I booted up into 9.2 last night and installed some games. To me, it took
longer for the Mac to recognize the CD than it does on my G3. (800Mhz vs.
266). Also, when I ejected the CDs, they were very warm to the touch. Is
that normal for the iMac?

3. Energy Saver ---- I remember that we have had some discussions about it.
What should I set it to?

4. The clock in 10.2 ---- how do I get it to show up in color?  I don't see