Iomega CD-RW and OS9

Michael Strickland mstrickl at elon.edu
Fri Nov 7 19:21:44 PST 2003

Iomega CD-RW and OS 9.2.1

I have recently purchased an Iomega USB CD-RW drive and tried to install
it. First I learned the supplied Iomega Hotburn software was not compatible
with 9.2. Then the drive wont mount to the desktop.

Apple System Profiler can recognize the drive, but no discs will mount.
Disc Burner wont see it.

I have searced both the Iomega site as well as dozens of Apple support docs
and no luck. I called Iomega support and they said it was a 9.2 problem,
but they didnt know how to fix it themselves. Their suggestion was to call
Apple, because he KNEW they had fixed the issue for others. Well a call to
Apple costs$49, and I simply cant find a reference in their support docs.

Any help out there?

Many thanks in advance,

Michael

Michael Strickland