[HM] Re: Dual PMac boot problem

Adam Bass abasscube at mac.com
Sun Nov 9 18:59:54 PST 2003

Thom,

Hmm you have almost the exact same config as I have: Dual 1 GHz MDD w/
512 MB of RAM. That's a very strange problem. I've heard of 10.2.8
really screwing up people's computers, but I've never had very serious
problems with it, although it did have some odd issues, but nothing
that major. Now that it's at an authorized Apple repair center they
should definitely be able to fix it, but 10.2.8 is really not a very
good update. If you got your Power Mac recently (Oct. 8 or later) you
should qualify for a $20 upgrade to Panther. Go to
www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade. It's an awesome update that's well worth
the price. You can check out all the awesome new features at
www.apple.com/macosx/newfeatures. :)

Adam