LCD monitor question / adding second montor

Jack Honeycutt jhoneycutt at qwest.net
Thu Oct 2 21:00:08 PDT 2003

At 09:36 PM 10/2/2003 -0400, you wrote:
 >However, at the higher end, no LCD can reasonably match the performance
of a professional quality CRT.

I agree.  That is also the finding of the tests that were done in PC Magazine.

>As to whether to get an LCD with digital vs analogue interface, it depends
>on what you have and what you want to do. If your video card has digital
>output and you plan to buy an LCD, then it's worth the extra bucks to get
>an LCD with a digital or dual interface; with a digital interface, the
>video signal does not go through a DAC prior to being fed to the monitor,
>and you can expect a briskier response.

I also agree.  The video card I am running under Jaguar 10.2.6 (ATI Radeon
7000) has two jacks on the back.  One for a standard VGA monitor, and the
other is a digital output for a LCD screen.  The PCI ATI card sells for
between $100 and $125.

jack