[HM] Burning MP3 CD's

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Thu Oct 9 09:07:46 PDT 2003

On Thursday, Oct 9, 2003, at 09:35 Canada/Eastern, Michael Minardi
wrote:

> My son bought a portable CD player that can also play MP3 files. He
> burned a data disc using Toast (the free version that came with my
> external CD burner) and it did not seem to work.  Is there some trick
> for burning the MP3 CD's? I have an Imac I am running OSX 10.2.8.

Most likely, your MP3 player cannot read the format of the CD. Insert
the disc in your Mac and do a "Get Info" on it. Check what's under
"Format". If it's "Mac OS Extended", that's most likely the problem.
Most players can only read CDs in the ISO9660 format. Check the Toast
Lite docs; I may be wrong on this one, but as I recall it doesn't write
ISO9660 discs. If it does, write your MP3 CDs in that format. If it
doesn't, don't use Toast Lite for this job. Follow Leon's suggestion,
and use the built-in Disk Burner (or iTunes) to burn the disc as "MP3
CD".