Digital recorder for saving as MP3 file

Jonothan Abbott jonabb at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 9 19:22:27 PDT 2003

Hi, All

This might be slightly off-topic for this list, but I can see there is
plenty of expertise in sound recording etc among members.

I'm planning to buy a digital recorder that will allow me to save the
recorded material as an MP3 file (for playing on an iPod).  The recording
will be of talks and discussions (i.e., not music), often in situations that
have quite a lot of background noise.

Any suggestions about recording devices, recording formats and 'cleaning up'
of the recorded material gratefully recieved.

Jon

OS X 10.2, iBook 2xUSB 256 MB