iMac flickering screen

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Wed Sep 10 19:12:26 PDT 2003

My daughter, who is away at college, called today complaining that her
iMac's screen is flickering. She has an older iMac (with CRT), indigo I
think--either 2000 or 2001, OS 10.2.6, 384mb. I ran a search of
Knowledge Base documents, which retrieved one that mentioned
interference from fluorescent lights or other appliances. She has now
tried plugging her dorm refrigerator into another outlet, as well as
her desk lamp, but it hasn't made a difference. (For good measure, she
also unplugged her computer for about 15 minutess before reconnecting
it.) Since that didn't help, the KB doc said to take it in for repair,
which is our next step when we visit on Friday. I'm wondering, though,
what we're in for. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Mary Youra