iMac flickering screen

Mary C. Youra mcyoura at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 11 06:13:00 PDT 2003

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 08:14  AM, onder at medyak.com wrote:

> Hi miss Mary C.,
>
> this is out of your hand..in those serries of imacs there is a
> "production
> problem". After this screen problem your mac'hine will shut down soon.
>
> We have such a problem in here (Turkey) too.
>
> Only go to any mac's technical service and change the screen port. in
> here
> services change that 200 $..
>
> onder

Thanks, onder, for the advice. I was prepared to take it for service
(and have advised her to do so), but I hadn't considered that it was
likely to shut down altogether. $200 doesn't seem so bad, all things
considered -- last night, I was wondering whether I was going to be
buying her a whole new computer (and if so, whether it'd be a laptop; I
love my iBook).

Mary