[HM] Re: email programs

Alex alist at sprint.ca
Sat Apr 17 15:09:05 PDT 2004

On Saturday, Apr 17, 2004, at 16:28 Canada/Eastern, TeeGate wrote:

> [...] Apple's mail program has a flaw that is unacceptable to me. When
> you send long links to Windows users it truncates them and the links
> are flawed.[...]

I suspect you're describing the result of line breaks. It's not really
a flaw; Mail.app follows the specification closely. What you need to do
is indicate that it's something that shouldn't be broken, and you do
that by enclosing the URL inside angle brackets (less-than and
greater-than characters).

<http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/
proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=1&WLBS=fsweb5&sku_id=0665000FS10034
793&catid=&newdeptid=1>