[HM] Re: email programs

TeeGate TeeGate at comcast.net
Sat Apr 17 19:01:22 PDT 2004

Duane,

That image was from Thunderbird, and it is not Thunderbird that has the
problem, it is Mail.app. Since you are using a Mac mail reader, you may
or may not notice it. When I used Mail.app, all links from Mac mail
programs worked when received, but if I sent to a Windows or some other
Mac programs such as Thunderbird they would not. When I switched to
Thunderbird my link problem was eliminated for sending, but since
Mail.app sends improper links, Thunderbird realizes they are wrong and
they don't work, as they shouldn't when they are improper. My daughter,
my friend, and I, all had or have the same problem with Mail.app.

Here is a small sampling of photo's of reply letters from PC users when
I used Mail.app. Notice the links in the photo's.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/teegate/links/link1.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/teegate/links/link2.jpg

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/teegate/links/link3.jpg

Here is a small sampling of letters I received when I sent links to
friends using Mail.app. It was embarrassing!

***************
Guy,
I can never look at any of these links that you send me concerning your
trips.
I have to go to your Index for Teegate to look at them.
Brad
***************

I finally got around to looking at the links from the other email, and
really liked the water reflection photograph.  I am not able to just
click on your links.

Paula

Guy, the links you sent are broken up. They are giving me trouble.

Bob

So I switched to Thunderbird and here are the results:

Thanks for fixing your mail program so I can click on the pictures now
(much easier).

Paula