[HM] does eMac share iMac's overheating problem?

E. Matro artemisrat at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 2 16:49:17 PST 2004

Someone gave me an old flavored iMac; the hard drive
blew. I replaced the hard drive, but now the machine
either dies shortly after startup and/or the monitor
is dead. Everything I've read says it sounds like the
fly back transformer burning out because the iMacs
have a very bad or nonexistent cooling system
(passive??)

Okay, fine. It's going to turn into a very attractive
blue and white boat anchor.

What I'd like to know is it the eMacs share the same
problem. They are starting to look really good right
now.

Thanks,

-- Eileen Matro