[HM] does eMac share iMac's overheating problem?

John Daschbach jldasch at mac.com
Thu Dec 2 19:01:33 PST 2004

I have a Tangerine iMac.  When I upgraded to 10.2 from 10.1 it appeared
that the monitor went dead.  Took it in to a local Applecare authorized
shop and they followed the recommended diagnostics and determined the
logic board was bad.  They spent a good bit of time on it.  The logic
board was very expensive, and they found it worked fine with an
external monitor, so they let me have it back at no charge for the time
they spent.  Some time later I actually read something in the fine
print on the 10.2 upgrade (it ran 10.1 fine) that said a firmware
upgrade was needed.  Did this and it was fine and I'm typing on it now
while the kids use they new iMac G5.

Try hooking up an external monitor.

This machine is still very usable given enough memory.

-John